Monday, March 15, 2010

get by with a lil' help from my friends...

WORK DAY AT THE HOBART HOME
THIS SATURDAY MARCH 20TH 9AM-3 PM
We need help with moving furniture, cleaning, hanging some hardware and some other odds and ends. So if you have a couple of hours to give please join us. Contact Kristin Kuiper at curtandkristin@hotmail.com

Food will be provided with a large side of gratitude.


my natural inclination is to be stubborn, self-reliant, and avoid being a burden to others.

it's hard to ask for help.

i confess that one of the many things i miss about mike is having a partner, someone i could lean on, ask for help, tackle projects together with. didn't matter if other people weren't around, he was there.

i find myself conflicted now that mike is gone. part of me says that i can handle all of this on my own. i'm capable, talented, strong, resourceful. i can figure out how to hang a set of blinds, organize my taxes, sell my house. but i don't want to be alone in figuring this out. when i've coerced friends to come paint with me, it's not so much for their time and talent but for their company. (although the time and talent was VERY helpful!)

i am having one more work day this saturday to help me finish up some projects so i can place my home on the market this spring. if you have a couple of hours to give your presence would be so appreciated!

No comments: