Monday, February 27, 2012

monday musings

a few random thoughts as i start the week...

* Is it a culinary faux pas to have a glass of red wine with garlic white wine chicken? Well I did it anyway and it all tasted GOOD!

* I had a friend give me a tutoring session on twitter. With the job title Social Media Coordinator I figured I should become more savvy about it. So while I can't promise I'll be tweeting often or anything profound you can follow me @kellyannepowers

* forgot how amazing the food at Gaia Cafe is...i could drink their salsa by the cup full.

* eating with friends is ALWAYS more life-giving than eating alone.

* Five days into Lent...no TV has definitely provided me with more space to read, rest, complete some projects. I still crave a night to just veg out and watch my "programs", but i'm committed to seeing this through. I've also been attempting to give up sugar (but this has been a resolution since the new year) I admit I've failed at least once a day. Seduced by dark chocolate, blueberry scones, and reese's peanut butter cups. For a dinner party yesterday I was asked to bring a dessert so it was a fun challenge to come up with a sweet but no sugar offering. The results...citrus mint fruit salad


* Ben Rector does a fun cover of Whitney's "I Want to Dance With Somebody" but I prefer his version of "Free Falling"

*I'm going to NYC for the first time in my life this summer. If you know my childhood dream to be on Broadway you can imagine how giddy I am for this trip!!!

Friends, "be joyful for it is humanly possible" (wendell berry)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

your "programs!"

Love it, love you.

Caroline said...

Your blog has been a wonderful discovery for me. And that salad looks amazing!